Q. How long do you think it will take for the following to occur in NSW?
|Two weeks up to one month||One month up to six months||Seven months up to one year||One to two years||More than two years||Never|
|The Covid-19 outbreak in NSW is controlled||46%||33%||10%||5%||2%||4%|
|The lockdown in Greater Sydney is lifted||62%||28%||5%||2%||0%||2%|
|The lockdown in other affected areas in NSW is lifted (e.g. Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour)||71%||20%||4%||2%||1%||3%|
- 46% of people think the Covid-19 outbreak in NSW will be controlled within a month. A further third (33%) think this will most likely happen within six months.
- Most Australians are optimistic the NSW lockdown will be lifted within a month (62% in Greater Sydney and 71% in other affected areas of NSW).
|NSW||Two weeks up to one month|
|The Covid-19 outbreak in NSW is controlled||47%||50%|
|The lockdown in Greater Sydney is lifted||62%||76%|
|The lockdown in other affected areas in NSW is lifted (e.g. Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour)||69%||77%|
- Most of those in NSW still expect the lockdown to be lifted within a month (62% in Greater Sydney and 69% in other affected areas of NSW), however this is less compared to the proportion who thought this two weeks ago (76% and 77% respectively).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention