Q. How long do you think it will take for the following to occur in NSW?
[ASKED TO RESPONDENTS IN NSW ONLY]
|Two weeks up to one month||One month up to six months||Seven months up to one year||One to two years||More than two years||Never|
|The Covid-19 outbreak in NSW is controlled||50%||18%||7%||10%||7%||7%|
|The lockdown in Greater Sydney is lifted||76%||13%||5%||3%||2%||2%|
|The lockdown in other affected areas in NSW is lifted (e.g. Blue Mountains, Central Coast, Wollongong and Shellharbour)||77%||11%||4%||3%||2%||2%|
|Interstate travel will be allowed without restriction||38%||26%||12%||11%||8%||5%|
|Quarantine will no longer be required after interstate travel||32%||20%||13%||15%||12%||7%|
|The Covid-19 vaccine rollout will be completed in NSW||14%||14%||28%||24%||12%||8%|
- Most participants in NSW expect the lockdown restriction to be eased in the next month (76% in Sydney and 77% in other areas of NSW).
- Most think interstate travel will be allowed either within the next month (38%) or within 6 months (26%). A similar proportion also think there will be no quarantine requirements after this time (32% within the month, 20% within 6 months).
- 28% think the vaccine rollout will not be completed in under a year, 24% think it will take 1-2 years and 12% think it will take over 2 years.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention