Q. Which of the following do you believe is the greatest threat to internet security?
|The Chinese government||
|The US government||
The largest proportion of people believe that computer hackers (39%) are the greatest threat to internet security.
This was followed by organised crime (26%) and the US government (11%).
Just 7% believe the Chinese government is the biggest threat to internet security. 4% believe large companies are the biggest threat to internet security.
Females (45%) were more likely than males (32%) to think that computer hackers were the biggest threat to internet security.
Those aged 65+ were also more likely to select computer hackers (50%). Those aged 18-24 were more likely to select the US government (24%), and were less likely to select computer hackers (20%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation