Q. Do you think the Liberal Party is becoming more progressive or more conservative?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Dec 2015|
37% think the Liberal Party is becoming more conservative and 14% think it is becoming more progressive. 30% think it is neither.
Among Liberal/National voters, 29% think it is becoming more conservative and 26% more progressive.
43% of those aged 55+ think the Liberal Party is becoming more conservative compared to 30% of those aged 18-34.
Compared to 12 months ago, there has been an increase in those thinking the Liberal Party is becoming more conservative (up 13%)
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation