Q. Overall, from what you have read and heard, do you think the Australian economy is heading in the right direction or the wrong direction?
|17 May 10
(Post 2010 budget)
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal/ National||Vote Greens|
|The right direction||51%||45%||75%||27%||51%|
|The wrong direction||25%||29%||7%||51%||17%|
45% of respondents think that Australia’s economy is heading in the right direction – 29% think it is heading in the wrong direction. Since this question was asked just after the 2010 budget, “right direction” has dropped 6% and “wrong direction” increased 4%.
75% of Labor voters, 27% of Liberal/National voters and 51% of Greens voters think the economy is heading in the right direction.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW