Q. Do you think the recent cut in official interest rates indicates that Australia’s economy is getting better or getting worse?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Economy is getting better||13%||11%||19%||13%||11%|
|Economy is getting worse||47%||53%||44%||45%||61%|
47% think that the recent cut in official interest rates indicates Australia’s economy is getting worse and 13% think it indicates the economy is getting better. 24% think it indicates neither.
There were few significant differences across demographic groups. 54% of those aged 45-64 and 61% of other party and independent voters thought it indicated the economy was getting worse.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation