Q. The Government has indicated that the next budget may include cuts to company tax. Do you think it is more important to provide tax cuts for companies or income tax cuts?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Company tax cuts more important||16%||17%||21%||12%||11%|
|Income tax cuts more important||62%||67%||60%||69%||68%|
62% think it is more important to provide income tax cuts and 16% favour company tax cuts. A least 60% of all voter groups favour income tax cuts.
68% of those earning $2,000+ pw and 71% of those aged 35-64 favour income tax cuts.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation