Q8. Do you think Australians pay –
|Too much tax||61%|
|Too little tax||4%|
|About the right amount||28%|
61% think Australians pay too much tax and 28% think Australians pay about the right amount.
72% of full-time workers think we pay too much tax but there were no significant differences by income level.
Labor and Liberal/National voters also gave similar responses.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation