Q. Rupert Murdoch owns most of Australia’s metropolitan newspapers including the Australian, Herald Sun, the Telegraph and the Courier Mail. Should the Government allow one company to own the majority of Australia’s major newspapers?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should not allow||50%||56%||47%||56%|
50% think Rupert Murdoch should not be allowed to own the majority of Australia’s major newspapers and only 15% think he should be allowed. Those most strongly opposed were aged 55+ (61%) and people earning over $1,600pw (55%). Comments »
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation