Q. Do you think retirees receive too much, not enough or about the right support from the government?
|Men||Women||Aged 18-34||Aged 35-54||Aged 55+|
|Receive too much support||7%||9%||4%||10%||8%||2%|
|Receive not enough support||56%||51%||60%||47%||55%||66%|
|Receive about the right support||24%||27%||20%||23%||22%||28%|
56% think that retirees do not receive enough support from the Government. Only 24% think they receive enough support and 7% think they receive too much support.
66% of those aged 55+ think they do not receive enough support compared to 47% of those aged under 35.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation