Q. In fact, the car industry in Australia directly supports about 50,000 jobs. Do you support or oppose the current levels of assistance to support these jobs?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
When provided with the information that there are about 50,000 jobs in the Australian car industry, 68% said the supported the current levels of assistance and 12% were opposed. More than 70% of both Labor and Liberal/National voters were in support and more than 60% of all demographic groups also supported the current level of assistance.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day