Q. Do you support or oppose the provision of additional assistance by Federal and State governments to ensure US motor companies continue to manufacture cars in Australia?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
58% said they supported the provision of additional assistance to the Australian car industry and 18% were opposed.
Support was highest among Labor voters (67%), aged 55+ (67%) and Victorians (68%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation