Q. Would you support or oppose a tax on sugar-sweetened drinks?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
53% support a tax on sugar-sweetened drinks and 38% oppose.
Those most likely to support the tax were Greens voters (60%) and those with university education (64%).
Those most likely to oppose the tax were other party voters (46%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Confidence in Labor government handling of Covid-19 pandemic
- Satisfaction with speed of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- Party most responsible for slow vaccine rollout