Q. Which of the following statements is closest to your view?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Cutting the company tax rate will bring Australia’s tax base into line with other nations and attract the investment we need to create more jobs.||25%||21%||44%||5%||20%|
|Cutting the company tax rate will simply deliver business $50 billion more in profits – money that should be invested in schools, hospitals and other vital services.||43%||57%||25%||65%||49%|
43% agree more with the statement that cutting the company tax rate will simply deliver businesses more in profits while 25% agree more that cutting the company tax rate will attract investment and deliver jobs.
Those most likely to think it will simply deliver business profits were Greens voters (65%), Labor voters (57%) and aged 65+ (50%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation