Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. How would you rate your state government’s response to the Covid-19 outbreak?
- Positive rating of the NSW Government’s continues to slide, with another -2%pts movement this week to 57%. This is down from a high of 70% in June.
- Positive rating of the Victorian Government remains steady at 50%, though the majority of this survey was completed before the announcement of the lock-down extension in Victoria on Sunday 6th
- Positive rating of the Queensland state government’s handing dropped to 66% this week from 73% a fortnight ago.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention