Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. How would you rate your state government’s response to the Covid-19 outbreak?
|TOTAL: Very/Quite good||10/08||27/07||13/07||22/06||15/06||08/06||01/06||25/05||18/05||11/05||04/05|
|New South Wales||61%||62%||63%||70%||65%||67%||62%||65%||70%||70%||68%|
- Since the start of the outbreak in Victoria last month, the Victorian state government rating has been the lowest of the three most populous states with around half (49% this week) saying the Victorian Government is doing a Very good, or quite good job responding to Covid-19.
- New South Wales has also seen a decrease in rating, moving from 70% in June to 61% this week.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention