Q. If you are hosting or attending a Christmas gathering this year, will there be:
|More people attending than in previous years||8%||14%||3%||12%||12%||2%|
|About the same amount of people attending||34%||33%||34%||29%||32%||40%|
|Less people attending than in previous years||24%||22%||25%||32%||22%||17%|
|Not hosting or attending a Christmas gathering this year||22%||20%||24%||14%||20%||31%|
- A quarter of people will be hosting or attending a smaller gathering than usual this Christmas, but more will either be hosting or attending the same size gathering as usual (34%) or more (8%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention