Q. Over the last few months there has been a lot of media attention on sexual harassment and sexual discrimination in the workplace, particularly in certain industries such as the media, film and television (both in Australia and internationally). Which of the following statements is closest to your view?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||Men||Women||Aged 18-34||Aged 35-54||Aged 55+|
|It is important that these cases of harassment and discrimination are exposed and those involved take responsibility for their past behavior.||71%||76%||70%||81%||60%||69%||73%||75%||68%||71%|
|Exposing these cases could unfairly harm reputations for things that happened in the past and claims that may be exaggerated.||17%||14%||20%||11%||30%||19%||15%||14%||17%||21%|
71% agree it is important to expose cases of sexual harassment and discrimination and 17% think exposing these cases could cause harm. There were not major differences by demographics. Greens voters (81%) were more likely to favour exposing these cases and other party voters less likely (60%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation