Q. Do you think the same-sex marriage legislation should include religious protections or should the Government pass the legislation allowing same-sex marriage and address the issue of religious protections in a separate process?
|Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Same-sex marriage legislation should include religious protections||32%||27%||39%||16%||45%|
|Religious protections should be addressed in a separate process||47%||52%||46%||64%||38%|
32% think that same-sex marriage legislation should include religious protections and 47% think that religious protections should be addressed in a separate process.
There were no significant differences by age or sex. Liberal/National voters were a little more likely (39%) to support including religious protections in the same-sex marriage legislation while 64% of Greens voters thought it should be addressed in a separate process.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation