Q. Here are some things that the Prime Minister, Scott Morrison has suggested or given his support to. Do you approve or disapprove of each of them?
|Total approve||Total dis-approve||Strongly approve||Approve||Dis-approve||Strongly dis-approve||Don’t know||Approve
|Approve Vote Lib/Nat||Approve Vote Greens||Approve Vote other|
|Relocate the Australian embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem||26%||32%||7%||19%||16%||16%||42%||19%||40%||19%||29%|
|Force immigrants to move to regional areas||51%||32%||16%||35%||20%||12%||17%||46%||69%||30%||60%|
|Commemorate Captain Cook’s discovery of Australia||58%||20%||20%||38%||11%||9%||22%||55%||76%||40%||63%|
There was majority approval for commemorating Captain Cook’s discovery of Australia (58%) and forcing immigrants to move to regional areas (51%). However, there was strong majority disapproval of allowing religious schools to refuse to hire gay teachers (609%).
Respondents were split on the issue of relocating the Australian embassy in Israel from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem – 26% approve, 32% disapprove with 42% don’t know.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation