Q. Do you think people of the same sex should or should not be allowed to marry?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Should be allowed to marry||53%||57%||45%||80%|
|Should not be allowed to marry||36%||32%||45%||12%|
Same-sex marriage is supported by just over half (53%) of respondents and 36% are opposed.
Those most likely to think people of the same sex should be allowed to marry are female (59%), aged under 55 (60%) and Greens voters (80%).
Those most likely to think people of the same sex should not be allowed to marry are male (42%), aged 55+ (57%) and Liberal/National voters (45%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation