Q. Which of the following describe your opinion of the Prime Minister, Kevin Rudd?
Q. Which of the following describe your opinion of the Opposition Leader, Tony Abbott?
1 March 10
1 March 10
|Difference (Rudd lead)|
|A capable leader||65%||49%||+16%|
|Out of touch with ordinary people||45%||50%||+5%|
|Understands the problems facing Australia||62%||49%||+13%|
|Good in a crisis||56%||38%||+18%|
|Down to earth||57%||46%||+11%|
|More honest than most politicians||47%||34%||+13%|
Rudd has his strongest lead over Abbott when it comes to appearing good in a crisis (+18%) and as a capable leader (+16%). People think Rudd is better than Abbott when it comes to understanding the problems facing Australia (+13%), more honest than most politicians (+13%) and trustworthy (+13%).
Rudd trails Abbott most significantly in terms of appearing narrow-minded (-21%), too inflexible (-11%) and arrogant (-8%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation