Q. In your opinion, who is most responsible for the recent Covid-19 outbreaks and spread of the virus within aged care facilities?
|Total||Gender||Age Group||Federal Voting Intention|
|Male||Female||18-34||35-54||55+||Labor||Liberal + National||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|State or Territory governments||30%||29%||31%||37%||30%||24%||26%||32%||35%||28%|
|Aged Care providers||42%||39%||45%||32%||37%||55%||40%||43%||37%||41%|
- Similar proportions of people attribute responsibility to the spread of Covid-19 within aged care facilities to Federal (28%) and state (30%) governments. However more (42%) place the responsibility on the providers of aged care.
- Men are more likely than women to say the Federal government is responsible (32% to 24%).
- Coalition voters are least likely to believe the Federal government is responsible for the outbreaks of Covid-19 within aged care facilities (25%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation