Q. Are you in favour or against Australia becoming a republic?
|Jan 2010||March 2011||Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
41% favour Australia becoming a republic and 33% are against – showing little change since this question was asked in January 2010. 26% have no opinion.
Those most in favour were men (51%), Greens voters (56%) and Labor voters (51%).
Those most against were aged 65+ (56%) and Liberal/National voters (45%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation