Q. Thinking about the media in Australia, do you think there needs to be more or less regulation of the media or is the present level of regulation about right?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Needs to be more regulation||48%||54%||39%||73%|
|Needs to be less regulation||6%||5%||6%||3%|
|Present regulation about right||31%||26%||40%||15%|
48% of respondents think that there needs to be more regulation of media in Australia. 31% think that the current level of regulation in about right.
Green voters (73%) are the most likely to think that there needs to be more regulation. This is followed by those that vote Labor (54%) and those that vote Lib/Nat (39%).
There was little difference between the genders, states or ages.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation