Q. Should the Federal Government regulate the salaries of CEO’s of large companies?
There was strong majority support (74%) for the Federal Government to regulate the salaries of CEO’s of large companies.
82% of Labor voters support regulation compared to 74% of Greens voters and 69% of Liberal/National voters. Support was also stronger among those on lower incomes (86% of incomes under $600pw).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation