Q. If elected, which party would be most likely to reduce Australia’s deficit?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
37% think the Liberal Party would be more likely to reduce the deficit and 14% think the Labor Party would be more likely. Nearly half either don’t know or thought there would be no difference.
79% of Liberal voters think the Liberal Party would be most likely to reduce the deficit while 39% of Labor voters think there would be no difference.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation