Q. Do you think that with this Budget, the Government has done enough to reduce the deficit and return the budget to surplus in the next few years?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Liberal/ National|
|Has done enough||31%||59%||12%|
|Hasn’t done enough||39%||16%||69%|
31% think that the Government has done enough to reduce the deficit and 39% think they have not done enough. Responses mostly followed party preferences – 59% of Labor voters think they have done enough and 69% of Coalition voters think they have not done enough. Greens voters split 40% enough/31% not enough.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation