Q. If a referendum was held to include recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Australian Constitution, would you vote for or against?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
58% say they would vote for including recognition of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people in the Australian Constitution in a referendum and 15% would vote against. 28% did not know how they would vote.
Those most likely to vote for were Greens voters (76%), Labor voters (67%) and university educated (64%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation