Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Which of the following is closer to your personal views of the Covid-19 outbreak?
|There has been an over-reaction to the threat of Covid-19||17%||18%||33%|
|The response to the threat of Covid-19 is about right||46%||39%||39%|
|The threat of Covid-19 has been under-estimated||37%||43%||28%|
|There has been an over-reaction to the threat of Covid-19||17%||20%||14%||28%||17%||11%|
|The response to the threat of Covid-19 is about right||46%||45%||47%||43%||46%||47%|
|The threat of Covid-19 has been under-estimated||37%||35%||39%||29%||36%||42%|
- There has been an increase in the proportion of women rating the reaction to the Covid-19 crisis to be about right (47%, up from 36% last week).
- This increase has mainly come from a decrease in the proportion of women thinking the threat has been under-estimated (declining from 47% to 39%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention