Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Which of the following is closer to your personal views of the Covid-19 outbreak?
|There has been an over-reaction to the threat of Covid-19||33%||36%||30%||39%||37%||23%||34%||30%|
|The response to the threat of Covid-19 is about right||39%||40%||39%||40%||33%||44%||39%||39%|
|The threat of Covid-19 has been under-estimated||28%||24%||32%||21%||30%||33%||27%||31%|
- A third of people believe there has been an over-reaction to the threat of Covid-19. Men (36%) and those aged 18-34 (39%) are more likely to think there has been an over-reaction than women (30%) and those aged 55+ (23%).
- 39% think the reaction has been proportionate to the threat and 28% believe the threat has been under-estimated.
- Those who think there has been an over-reaction are less concerned about the threat of Covid-19 (69% very/somewhat concerned, compared to 92% who think the threat has been under-estimated) and think they are less likely to contract the virus (38% to 49% very/somewhat likely to catch Covid-19).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten budget Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention