Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Who do you think would make the better Prime Minister out of Scott Morrison and Anthony Albanese?
|Federal Voting Intention|
- Just over half of participants believe that Scott Morrison would make a better PM than Anthony Albanese (52%), while around a quarter would prefer the Opposition Leader (24%). About a further quarter (24%) of participants don’t know who would make the better PM.
- Morrison is strongly favoured by Coalition voters, with 83% believing Morrison makes the better PM, compared to Albanese (7%).
- 42% of Labor voters believe Albanese would make the better PM, a decrease since last month (47%). A quarter (25%) of Labor voters said they don’t know who would make the better leader.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Confidence in Labor government handling of Covid-19 pandemic
- Satisfaction with speed of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- Party most responsible for slow vaccine rollout
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten budget Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention