Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Who do you think would make the better Prime Minister out of Scott Morrison and Anthony Albanese?
|Federal Voting Intention|
- Half of participants believe that Scott Morrison would make a better PM than Anthony Albanese (49%), while a quarter would prefer the opposition leader. A further quarter (26%) of participants don’t know who would make the better PM.
- Morrison is strongly favoured by Coalition voters, with 85% believing Morrison makes the better PM, compared to Albanese (9%).
- Less than half of Labor voters believe Albanese would make the better PM (46%). 25% of Labor voters said they didn’t know who would make the better leader.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention