Q. Who do you think would makes the better Prime Minister out of Scott Morrison and Anthony Albanese?
- For the first time since becoming leader of the Labor party, more people consider Anthony Albanese more capable of being PM than Scott Morrison. 39% think Albanese would be the better PM, compared to 36% for Morrison.
- A 6pt drop from November for Morrison has coincided with an 11pt increase for Albanese.
- A quarter (25%) don’t know who would make the better PM between the two.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention