Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Who do you think would makes the better Prime Minister out of Scott Morrison and Anthony Albanese?
- 44% of the public believe Scott Morrison is the better PM out of the two major party leaders. This is consistent with July and June, when 44% and 43% respectively considered the current PM to be the better choice.
- 28% believe Albanese would make the better PM, just a 2% increase from last month (26% in July).
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten carbon pricing scheme Carbon Tax climate change economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party leadership Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention