Q. Who do you think would make the better Prime Minister out of Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other||May 2018||Apr 2018||Mar 2018||Dec 2017|
41% thought that Malcolm Turnbull would make the better Prime Minister (up 1% from last month), and 27% thought Bill Shorten would be better (up 1%). 32% did not know who would make a better Prime Minister.
The results were split by party, with 82% of Liberal/National voters saying that Malcolm Turnbull would be a better Prime Minister, and 55% of Labor voters saying Bill Shorten would.
Greens voters preferred Bill Shorten (40%) to Malcolm Turnbull (21%).
48% of men prefer Malcolm Turnbull and 27% prefer Bill Shorten.
34% of women prefer Malcolm Turnbull and 26% prefer Bill Shorten.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation