Q. Which party do you think each of the following groups would prefer to win the next federal election in 2019?
|Labor||Liberal/National Coalition||Don’t know|
|Private health insurance companies||16%||50%||34%|
|Small business owners||29%||43%||27%|
|People with a disability||44%||22%||34%|
|Families with young children||50%||21%||30%|
|People who are unemployed||55%||16%||30%|
The majority of people believe big businesses (63%), mining companies (54%), major banks (54%) and private health insurers (50%) would prefer to see a Coalition victory at the next election, whereas they believe families with young children (50%) and those who are unemployed (55%) would welcome a Labor triumph.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation