Q. As vaccinations against Covid-19 are rolled out across Australia, which authority would you prefer to be responsible for the distribution of the vaccinations in your state or territory?
|Total||Federal Voting Intention|
|Labor||TOTAL: Coalition||Greens||TOTAL: Other|
|The federal government||38%||31%||50%||32%||38%|
|Your state or territory government||44%||54%||39%||44%||40%|
- 44% of Australians would prefer their state or territory government to be responsible for the distribution of Covid-19 vaccinations, compared to 38% who would prefer the federal government to take charge of this, and 19% are unsure.
- Preference for their state or territory government to handle the rollout of vaccines is highest among Labor voters (54%), followed by 44% Greens voters, 40% minor and independent party voters and 39% Coalition voters.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Better leadership during Covid-19 – PM vs state leader
- Attitudes towards Craig Kelly controversy and Scott Morrison’s leadership
- Views towards federal vs state government responsibility to manage Covid-19 hotel quarantine system