Q. Do you think the independents will hold too much power in the next Federal Government?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote ind/other|
Overall, respondents more likely to think the independents will hold too much power in the next Federal; Government – 44% agree and 36% disagree. 63% of Coalition voters agree but Labor voters are split 36% yes/40% no.
Greens voters and other voters are more likely to think the independents will not hold too much power.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation