Q. Australia’s population has nearly reached 25 million and is growing by about 400,000 a year. Do you think Australia’s population growth rate is too fast, too slow or about right?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote Other||Apr 2013|
54% think that Australia’s population growth rate is too fast – up from 45% recorded 5 years ago. 31% think the growth rate is about right and 4% think it is too slow.
A majority of most voter groups believed the growth rate was too fast although Greens voters were divided 44% too fast/44% about right.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation