Q. On average, Australia’s population increases by about 300,000 per year (less than 2%). Do you think this is too high, too low or about right?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
Nearly half (48%) believe that the current rate of population growth is too high and only 4% think it is too low – 35% think it is about right.
Labor voters are split (44% too high compared to 42% about right or too low), but a majority of Liberal/National voters (52%) and Greens voters (59%) think it is too high.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people