Q. It has been estimated that Australia will have a population of 36 million by 2050. Do you think this will be good or bad for Australia?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Neither good nor bad||21%||26%||15%||22%|
55% believe that having a population of 36 million by 2050 will be bad for Australia – 16% think it will be good for Australia.
The concern about this level of population is fairly similar across voter groups – although Liberal/National voters (63%) are more likely to think it is bad than Labor voters (50%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Coronavirus concerns
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Attitudes to latest Victorian restrictions (VICTORIA ONLY)
- Attitudes towards Queensland border closure
- State of the economy
- Indictors of whether the Australian economy is in a good or poor state
- State of the economy in next six months