Q. It has been estimated that Australia will have a population of 36 million by 2050. Do you think this will be good or bad for Australia?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
|Neither good nor bad||21%||26%||15%||22%|
55% believe that having a population of 36 million by 2050 will be bad for Australia – 16% think it will be good for Australia.
The concern about this level of population is fairly similar across voter groups – although Liberal/National voters (63%) are more likely to think it is bad than Labor voters (50%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation