Q. If a politician elected to Parliament resigns from the Party they were a member of at the time of the election, should they be allowed to continue as a member of Parliament or should they be forced to resign?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Should be allowed to continue||24%||24%||27%||24%||23%|
|Should be forced to resign||51%||51%||55%||39%||61%|
A majority (51%) think that politicians who resign from their party should be forced to resign from Parliament and 24% think they should be allowed to continue in Parliament.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation