Q: If the Labor Party was elected into Government at the next election, do you think they would keep the Coalition Government’s policy on asylum seekers arriving by boat or do you think they would change the policy?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens||Vote other|
|Would keep the policy||28%||38%||27%||30%||26%|
|Would change the policy||38%||26%||54%||29%||46%|
38% think that if the Labor Party is elected, they would change the Coalition Government’s policy on asylum seekers and 28% think they would keep the Coalition policy.
More than half the Liberal/National voters think Labor would change the Coalition policy.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation