Q. Since the federal election in May 2019, how has the performance of Scott Morrison compared to your expectations?
|Performance of Scott Morrison||Federal Voting Intention|
|Total||NET: Approve||NET: Disapprove||Don’t know||Labor||Coalition||Greens||NET: Other|
|Has exceeded my expectations||11%||22%||1%||6%||4%||22%||6%||8%|
|Has met my expectations||41%||66%||12%||53%||27%||60%||34%||25%|
|Has fallen short of my expectations||47%||12%||86%||41%||69%||18%||60%||67%|
- 66% of participants who approve of the PM’s performance say he has met their expectations, compared to just 12% of those who disapprove of his performance.
- Again, Coalition voters are most likely to say Scott Morrison has met their expectations (60%) than other voters (28%).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Views towards reopening international borders
- Views towards state border closures
- Comprehension and confidence in PM’s plan to ‘safely reopen’ Australia
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Necessity of mandatory vaccinations in specific situations
- Views towards easing restrictions for fully vaccinated people