Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Scott Morrison is doing as Prime Minister?
- There is a slight drop in the approval rating of the Prime Minister this month, with the 45% of participants approving of the job, down from 47% last month and 49% in September.
- The vast majority of Coalition voters approve of Morrison’s performance as PM, with 83% approval (on par with 84% approval last month), compared to just 11% of Coalition voters who disapprove.
- The main drivers of the decline in the PMs approval rating are men (approval now at 47%, down from 53% in October), Queensland residents (40%, down from 47% last month) and residents aged 18-34 (41%, down from 50% last month).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.Download this week's Report
Two Party Preferred:
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Top Federal Government priorities for 2021
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Perceptions of change in the standard of living for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- Changing views towards Australia Day
- Support towards a separate national day
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten budget Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention