Q. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Scott Morrison is doing as Prime Minister?
- There is a slight drop in the approval rating of the Prime Minister this month, with the 45% of participants approving of the job, down from 47% last month and 49% in September.
- The vast majority of Coalition voters approve of Morrison’s performance as PM, with 83% approval (on par with 84% approval last month), compared to just 11% of Coalition voters who disapprove.
- The main drivers of the decline in the PMs approval rating are men (approval now at 47%, down from 53% in October), Queensland residents (40%, down from 47% last month) and residents aged 18-34 (41%, down from 50% last month).
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation
Sign up for updatesReceive the Essential Report in your inbox.
2PP Abbott ALP Anthony Albanese Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Bill Shorten Carbon Tax climate change coronavirus covid-19 economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Budget Federal Government federal politics Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party Liberal Liberal Party Liberals mining Nationals Opposition leader peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister Scott Morrison tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention