Q. Since the federal election in May 2019, how has the performance of Anthony Albanese compared to your expectations?
|Performance of Anthony Albanese||Federal Voting Intention|
|Total||NET: Approve||NET: Disapprove||Don’t know||Labor||Coalition||Greens||NET: Other|
|Has exceeded my expectations||8%||16%||3%||2%||11%||6%||10%||6%|
|Has met my expectations||48%||67%||21%||50%||55%||47%||46%||30%|
|Has fallen short of my expectations||44%||18%||77%||48%||34%||47%||44%||64%|
- Less than half of participants say that Anthony Albanese has met their expectations since the election, with 77% of those who disapprove of his performance saying he fell short of their expectations.
- Labor voters are most likely to say that he has met their expectations (55%) whereas 64% of other party or independent voters say he has fallen short of their expectations.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation