Essential Report Download this weeks Report
Q. Do you approve or disapprove of the job Anthony Albanese is doing as Opposition Leader?
By voting intention
- Approval for Anthony Albanese remains steady in August at 38% but a high proportion of participants continue to be unsure about Albanese’s performance with 33% saying don’t know (down 4pts from June). This uncertainty is also evident among Labor supporters, with 26% still selecting Don’t know.
- Those in the high-income band (46%), in paid employment (43%) or with a university education (44%) had the highest approval levels.
Two Party Preferred: 14 May 2019
In this week's report:
- Government support for coal-fired power plants
- Attitudes towards coal
- Support for zero-carbon pollution target for 2050
- Type of volunteering engaged with
- Support for Government initiatives for volunteers
- Actions taken since Coronavirus outbreak
- Attitudes towards border protection and Coronavirus
- Attitudes towards mobile phone etiquette
2PP Abbott ALP Approval of opposition leader Approval of Tony Abbott asylum seekers Australian economy Better Prime Minister Bill Shorten carbon pricing scheme Carbon Tax climate change economy Education Election EMC environment ER Essential Media Essential Report Federal Government federal politics federal politics voting intention Gillard Greens Julia Gillard kevin rudd Labor Labor Party leadership Liberal Liberal Party Liberals media mining Nationals peter lewis Polling polls Prime Minister tax tony abbott two party preferred voting Voting intention