Q. In your opinion, over the past 10 years, have things got better or worse for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples in Australia, or have things stayed much the same?
|A lot better||18%||14%||24%||3%||23%|
|A little better||28%||26%||35%||23%||28%|
|Stayed much the same||36%||42%||31%||51%||25%|
|A little worse||5%||6%||3%||9%||7%|
|A lot worse||3%||3%||1%||4%||6%|
- Nearly half (46%) believed that things had got at least a little better for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples over the last 10 years.
- Over a third stated that in their opinion, conditions had stayed much the same for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders over the past 10 years, while only 8% believed conditions had got worse.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation