Q. Which party would you trust more to handle welfare issues like unemployment benefits and disability pensions?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
34% trust the Labor Party more to handle welfare issues and 31% trust the Liberal Party more. 25% think there is no difference.
The Liberal Party is trusted more by people earning $1,600+ pw (40% to 29%) while those on incomes under $1,000 pw favor the Labor Party 39% to 22%.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Federal voting intention
- Leader attributes: Scott Morrison
- Federal government response to Covid-19
- State government response to Covid-19
- Uptake of a Covid-19 vaccine
- Reason those who would get vaccinated against Covid-19 have not been vaccinated yet
- Speed of NSW lockdown
- Time for Covid-19 milestones to occur for NSW