Q. Which party would you trust more to handle welfare issues like unemployment benefits and disability pensions?
|Total||Vote Labor||Vote Lib/Nat||Vote Greens|
34% trust the Labor Party more to handle welfare issues and 31% trust the Liberal Party more. 25% think there is no difference.
The Liberal Party is trusted more by people earning $1,600+ pw (40% to 29%) while those on incomes under $1,000 pw favor the Labor Party 39% to 22%.
Read Essential's ongoing research on the public response to Covid-19.
In this week's report:
- Performance of Scott Morrison
- Performance of Anthony Albanese
- Preferred Prime Minister
- Views towards re-electing the federal Coalition government
- Party trust to handle issues
- Importance of Australia’s international reputation
- Scott Morrison’s impact on Australia’s international reputation
- Views towards Australia’s international reputation